The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging of late model performance Civics. It includes Windows based software called FlashProManager.
The FlashPro connects from your laptop’s USB port to your vehicles diagnostic port to provide 90 second programming with a variety of calibrations with extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.
- Programmable ECU interface.
- Connects via OBDII diagnostic port.
- USB 2.0 connection
- Works with Laptop or Desktop
- No ECU modification necessary.
- 90 second ECU programming time.
- 20 hours on board datalogging memory.
- FlashProManager Windows software.
- Check and clear diagnostic codes.
- Custom laptop gauges.
- Dual calibration storage – upload from one of two calibrations stored in the FlashPro
2006+ Civic Si / Civic Type R AFM/MAF based calibrations
- Ignition, fuel, cam angle, idle speed table editing.
- VTEC window.
- Rev and launch limiters.
- AFM calibration table.
- Map tracing & lambda overlay.
- 15 starting calibrations for common intakes and race header combinations.
2006+ Civic Si / Civic Type R MAP based calibrations
- Above features plus:
- Expanded fuel, ignition & cam angle tables for forced induction.
- 4 bar MAP sensor support (40 psi).
- 50 degree cam angle movement for more midrange torque (up from 45 degrees maximum).
- Support for larger injectors.
- Injector latency / dead time.
- Individual cylinder fuel & ignition trim.
- Race vehicle sensor disabling.
- Speed limiter removed.
- 50+ starting calibrations for intake, headers, forced induction & injector combinations.
What do I need to run the software?
- Windows laptop or desktop
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bit).
- USB 2.0 port
- CD-ROM Drive
Macbook (Intel) running Bootcamp with the above specifications. Has been extensively tested and works well.
Macbook (Intel) running Parallels with the above PC specification. Has been partially tested with no problems found to date.
Hondata has put together a series of training videos to describe the function and use of the FlashPro. Some the videos were shot using pre-release software. Some displayed functions have changed slightly. View the videos in High Definition Full Screen to view the screen shots.
Hondata’s new generation programming tool for the 06 – 09 US Civic Si, the Japanese 06-09 Civic Type R and the European 07-09 Civic Type R. A brief introduction.
FlashPro Getting started:
This video covers the installation the FlashPro Manager software, the USB drivers, software registration and upload of a calibration.
Hondata has developed a Race calibration which allows you to tune with the MAP sensor and bypass the limitations of the AFM sensor. A look at the tuning principles for forced induction on a modern return-less fuel system.
Datalogging and Air fuel ratios:
A look a the extensive datalogging capabilities of the FlashPro and the many ways in which to examine your engine data. We touch on the datalogging of the air fuel ratios and how you can use it to adjust your tuning.
The tuning process is similar to the K-Pro. For more detailed tuning videos specific to the K-Pro click here:
Will the FlashPro be available for other Hondas and Acuras?
The FlashPro has the potential to work with most new model Hondas and Acuras made since 2007. Our focus for the moment is for the Civic and will evaluate other models as time permits.
I already have a reflash / GroupN ECU / FD2 Civic Type R ECU. Is there a discount?
Yes. There is a rebate of $150. Here is how it works:
- Purchase a FlashPro at the retail price.
- Install FlashPro Manager 188.8.131.52 or newer.
- Lock and register FlashPro.
- Press the button request rebate
- If your ECU qualifies Hondata will be notified and will send you a rebate check.
The process is explained in detail here
The rebate applies to:
- Civic Si reflashes
- Civic Si reflashes that have been returned to stock
- Civic Si reflashed ECUs that purchased Flashpro without sending their ECU for a discount
- CT Supercharger stage 1 reflashes
- AJ turbo reflashes
- Group N ECUs
- Civic Type R ECUs
The rebate does not apply to CT Stage 2 Supercharger customers affected by the cruise control or reverse lockout issue. Hondata is dealing directly with this.
How does the FlashPro work with my FN2 GroupN ECU / FD2 Civic Type R ECU
The FlashPro will lock to and work with the FN2 GroupN / FD2 Type R ECUs perfectly. However if you unlock the FlashPro for sale and return to stock the GroupN ECU will be returned to a stock US Civic Si ECU. In this state it will not work in the Euro and Japanese Type R Civics.