Shipping Methods and Payments:
- All shipments are sent via UPS, USPS or Fedex at our discretion. Most orders will ship the same day or within 24-48 hours of being placed, excludes weekends. In some rare cases, it may take up to 5 business days to process the order, if have specific shipping-time-frame requirements, please, please contact us at 225-752-2738 and we can advise of status. For items that are on backorder that will exceed the time frame listed above, we will contact you with status about your order.
- UPS and FedEx WILL NOT Deliver to P.O. Boxes, a physical address is required for all UPS and Fedex shipments.
- All credit cards are verified prior to billing for your security.
- ALL PRODUCTS ORDERED WITH A CREDIT CARD WILL BE SHIPPED TO CREDIT CARD HOLDER BILLING ADDRESS ONLY. For REPEAT or LONG TIME CUSTOMERS, we can make arrangements to send to an Alternate shipping address. If this requirement will not work for you, please contact the sales department at 1-225-752-2738 and we may be able to make other arrangements.
Shipping and/or Ordering Errors:
If we ship in error, you must contact us within 72 hours of receiving your package to arrange for pickup and/or re-shipment of correct (or missing) parts at no charge to you. Very simply, if we shipped the wrong parts or parts are missing, we will pickup and/or re-ship at no cost to you, we want you to have the right parts for the job. It is the sole responsibility of the customer and/or the installer to verify that the parts purchased are the correct parts for the application PRIOR to installation. We assume no liability for costs or inconvenience incurred as a result of incorrect parts. If the installer/user damages these parts during possession or in an attempt to install them, we will access an appropriate fee determined by the extent of the incurred damage which, in some unique circumstances, may equal the original purchase price.
If your order was placed incorrectly and you wish to return the parts, you must contact us first for a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number. Any returns not accompanied by an RGA number will be refused and/or automatically assessed a 25% restocking fee less freight charges. All returns are subject to standard restocking fees at the sole discretion of Lightning Motorsports™. Return freight is non-refundable for improperly placed orders. We reserve the right to charge a 25% restocking fee for ANY and ALL returned items, regardless of reason, including but not limited to manufacturing defects.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ORDER THE PROPER PARTS FOR YOUR TYPE OF AUTOMOBILE.
- We want to make sure you get the parts you require. If you have ANY questions about our products or the use thereof, or the provided description is in any way at all not 100% clear, please call us at 225-752-2738 BEFORE placing an Internet order. We will not be held responsible for ANY assumptions made on your part. We are here, we are begging, PLEASE !! Ask us with even the slightest or smallest question about products or applications or their use. We want you to be informed and get you the items you need.
We gladly accept returns for Refund on most new, un-installed, and undamaged items in original packaging (all parts and paperwork must be included) within 30 days of the order purchase date.
Some items, due to their unique nature are non-returnable. There are NO returns for refunds for:
- Software that has been opened.
- Electronic device "features" which have been unlocked or decoded for use.
- Software for which a downloadable link has been issued.
- Custom order or custom production parts - build to order parts
- Used or Installed Parts
- Clothing or Seats
- Ignition or Electrical parts
- Special Ordered parts
- Items Originally Sold as "Closeout" or "Clearance"
To initiate a return, please contact us at 225-752-2738 to obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number. This must be issued before any returns can be made. Any return without an RGA number will be refused and returned to sender or automatically assessed a 25% restocking fee less freight charges.
- Shipping and/or Handling charges for returned products are NOT refundable. For items purchased with "FREE Shipping", the actual cost of the shipping charges for the order will be deducted from the refund. ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS ON ANY SPECIAL-ORDER / NON-STOCKING ITEMS
- Lightning Motorsports reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 25% on ANY and ALL returns regardless of reason, including but not limited to returns with manufacturing defects.
All returns must be pre-approved, with an RGA number clearly displayed on the box. The return MUST be received by Lightning Motorsports™, within 15 calendar days after the RGA number is issued, otherwise the return will be refused. The RGA number does not imply a replacement or refund on any product, but only that we will inspect the merchandise you purchased based on the claims you have made. Returns must be sent freight-prepaid, and insured by the sender. A refund, exchange, credit or core charge return will not be considered until all related items, hardware, and accessories have been returned to Lightning Motorsports™. Original shipping and handling charges for returns are non-refundable. For orders outside the United States, any fees associated with customs or duties are non-refundable. All authorized returns must be accompanied by a photocopy of the customer's sales invoice, a written explanation of the problem, and a contact telephone where you can be reached. Items returned freight-collect or unauthorized will be refused. Customers must be aware that they may be subject to inbound and outbound freight to handle and / or process their warranty repair or replacement claim. These freight charges are charged to Lightning Motorsports by the manufacturer and will be passed on at that cost to the customer. For warranty repair returns, Lightning Motorsports™ reserves the right to have the customer ship their warranty repair or replacement claim directly to the manufacturer, and not to Lightning Motorsports. All returns for Warranty claims are subject to the manufacturers terms and conditions in addition to those of Lightning Motorsports™. Details for each manufacturers warranty policies are available on request.
Refused Shipments/ Order Cancellation / Held Orders:
Refused shipments are subject to a 25% restocking fee plus return freight.
If a customer wishes to cancel an order (provided it is not a special order product), it is the responsibility of the customer to cancel the order Prior to the product being shipped. Once an order has been assigned a tracking number it is considered shipped and no changes can be made to the order.
If a customer cancels an order after product has been shipped, the refused shipment, cancellation, or return will potentially be subject to a 25% restocking fee and any freight charges incurred. For orders shipped outside the United States, any fees associated with customs or duties are non-refundable.
For orders with deposits paid or orders that have been paid in full and placed on hold, or that are being held for future delivery, only a store credit will be available after a period of 30 days. There wil be no cash refunds.
All claims for damaged shipments must be made within 72 hours of delivery to the point of destination. Any damage to package should be noted with carrier at the time of delivery if possible. We will not be responsible for damage claims made over 72 hours after delivery to the point of destination.
Shipping Information for orders shipped outside the Continental US:
- CANADIAN and INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER NOTICE: You may be subject to brokerage fees, import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Please contact the carrier or your local customs office for more information.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from Lightning Motorsports you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
Our international customers and customers shipping products internationally need to be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. Also, we may provide certain order, shipment and product information, such as titles, to our international carriers, and such information may be communicated by the carriers to customs authorities in order to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws. If the order is a gift, the package is marked "Gift," but the cost of the item is still stated on the customs form. Customs authorities require us to state the value of the gift item directly on the package. Any attempt to hide the cost of the items is considered fraud and is not practiced by Lightning Motorsports.
Legality and Pricing
- Some items may be legal for off-road use only, please check local statutes concerning legality and compliance.
- Lightning Motorsports strives to make sure that information listed is accurate and up to date. The site is regularly checked and errors are corrected when discovered. However, any of the content on our website may be incorrect or out of date at any given time. Lightning Motorsports reserves the right to make changes to the website at any time, including changes to product prices, specifications, and availability. Lightning Motorsports also reserves the right to limit or revoke any product offer and refuse, reject or cancel any order at any time to correct for errors on the Lightning Motorsports website. If your credit card has already been charged for an order that is cancelled, Lightning Motors will issue a credit to the same credit card for the amount of the cancelled charge. If the order has been prepaid via Paypal, a credit for the full amount of the purchase will be refunded within the Paypal system.
- Lightning Motorsports™ liability for losses or damages, arising out of any cause whatsoever, is limited to the full refund of the purchase price, or at our option, repair or replacement of the part(s). Lightning Motorsports™ shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages caused by parts or the use thereof. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.